She shared this idea as a teacher appreciation idea. I thought it would be fun to decorate your crafting scissors or coupon cutting scissors, too.
My stamp club ladies loved the idea because the project was so quick and easy with an awesome result. Personally decorated scissors. Too cool! I now want to do this to every pair of scissors I see!
All you have to do is
- cut a piece of patterned paper to fit over the blade
- glue to the blade using Crystal Effects
- sand around the edges to give it a nice finished look
- cover with a layer of Crystal Effects
- let dry
The pens are even easier to make.
- unscrew the end of an RSVP pen
- cut a piece of patterned paper long enough to fit inside the casing and wide enough to wrap around the ink tube inside
- roll the patterned paper into a tube and slide it into the pen casing
- screw the end back on
The scissors are just the right size to slide into the holder so I can always find my scissors when I'm ready to start clipping.
I mentioned in my last post that the real life little blue room is getting a makeover soon. I've been searching the web for great room layout ideas and clever storage ideas. If you've found something that works for you or you hope to implement into your craft room someday please add the link. I'd appreciate more inspiration as I plan out the new and improved little blue room. You can leave a link below. Thanks!