I made single cornstalks last year but never thought to tie three together and have them stand. Love it! I was inspired by the photo inspiration challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
Here's a quick tutorial. The pictures aren't great since I was trying to put all this together in less than an hour, but I wanted share anyway.
- Stampin' Up!'s new cellophane bags (you can use pretzel bags but the measurements will be off)
- Corn Husks found at the grocery store (used to make tamales)
- Candy Corn but any small candy would work like M&M's or Jelly Bellies
- Raffia (or hemp or bakers twine)
- Stampin' Up! striped ribbon
Lay bag over a husk, tie at the bottom, and trim the end
Trim the bag one inch from candy at the top and tie closed
(This I didn't get a picture of) Take your fingernail and slide it through the top part of the husk to fray it. Start where you tied it closed and slide to the end. It won't work the other direction.
Tie three together and you are good to go! Not only for decoration, but a cute little gift, too.
Thanks for visiting the little blue room. Head over to Hand Stamped Sentiments to see all the other wonderful projects. I hope you'll link your project, too!